Privacy-sensitive data is processed through Hofman's Foods Ltd.’s. website https://www.hofmansfoods.com. This information is called personal data. We consider careful handling of personal data of great importance. Personal data are therefore carefully processed and secured by us.
In our processing we comply with the requirements of the privacy law. Which means, among other things, that we:
- clearly state for what purposes we process personal data. We do this via this privacy statement;
- try to limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data necessary for the stated purposes;
- first ask you for express permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also requirements of parties that process personal data on our instructions;
- respect your right to provide your personal information for inspection, to correct or delete.
In this privacy statement we explain which personal data we collect and use and for what purpose. We advise you to read this statement carefully.
This privacy statement was last modified on May 24, 2018.
Use of personal data
When using our website, you leave certain information with us. Which may be personal data. Personal data is collected by us through various channels. For example, you can order articles through our website, where we ask you to provide us with some personal details to complete the order.
You can also create an account on our website, to gain insight into your orders and keep track of your wish lists. We also collect personal data when surfing on our website on various devices such as a computer, smartphone or a tablet.
It is also possible that you approach us with questions and / or complaints by mail, e-mail or telephone. We will contact you in that case to handle the question or complaint. Finally, there is a possibility that we collect information from you through competitions, and other actions you have taken part in, or if you have participated in a market or customer survey.
In addition, data can also be collected via social media channels (such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram), for example when you contact us to ask questions. In that case, we only use your account name so that we can respond to your message. It is also possible to share your favorite products or news items from our online magazine via your social media pages. In that case we do not use your details, but we only allow you to share the article online.
When you use our website, we can process the following data from you (partly depending on the data you enter yourself by, for example, placing an order, participating in competitions or by creating an account):
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- E-mail address
- Home Address details
- Phone number
- Technical data from the equipment you use (e.g. from your smartphone / laptop / tablet or a kiosk from the store), such as IP address, MAC address and the software used
- Your surfing behavior on the website, including mouse and click movement and the duration and time of your visit to our website
- Payment details
- Purchase history
- Login details of your account
The above data is used for the following purposes:
- to give you the opportunity to order articles via our website and to make use of all functions and services on the website;
- to process your order and inform you about its progress;
- to communicate with you by sending electronic newsletters and / or mail;
- to offer you personalized ads and content on the website of Hofman’s Foods Ltd. and third-party websites based on your interests and your (online) purchase history (see also the heading profiling);
- to send you personalized newsletters based on your interests and your (online) purchase history (please see the header profiling);
- to process your data for possible participation in competitions and other actions, so that we can reach you when you have won something and can improve our services;
- to answer your questions or to handle your complaints via social media, e-mail, by mail or by phone;
- to improve (at an individual level) our website, stores, assortment and our services both in-store and online. We do this based on: your preferences, executed market and customer surveys and the use of our website by visitors.
Your data will be kept for as long as is necessary to provide our services to you, and to offer you the best service possible.
If you have given permission for this, we can send our newsletter by e-mail. With every communication along this route an opt-out option is included if you no longer have an interest in our newsletter. You can also unsubscribe from the newsletter thru your account.
Provisioning to third parties
The information you provide will only be passed on to third parties, if this is necessary for the delivery of the products ordered by you, or services requested
For example, we provide your address details to DPD, to deliver your order.
Furthermore, we will not provide the data you provide to other parties if you have not given permission to do so, unless this is legally required or permitted. For example, it is possible that the police will request information from us in the context of fraud investigations. In that case, we are legally obliged to provide this information.
We combine your personal data from different sources with each other, in order to offer you the best online shopping experience. We do this by linking a variety of information about you, such as your account details, your purchase history, the reviews you have placed, as well as your surfing behavior on our website on various devices, such as your computer, smartphone or tablet. It is also possible that we supplement or optimize your data with data from public sources such as the Land Registry or sources where you have given permission for the information provided by Hofman’s Foods Ltd. intended use. We only do this when this is legally permitted.
By combining your data from different sources, we can display personalized offers and personalized content on our website or third-party websites that match your interests and purchase history. We can also personalize our online brochure, newsletter and mailings for you in this way. This way we can make better and more targeted offers. This prevents you from seeing content or offers that are less interesting to you.
Third party websites
This statement does not apply to websites of third parties that are connected to our website by means of links (for example a link to the Facebook website). We cannot guarantee that these websites handle your personal data in a reliable and/or secure way. Always read the privacy statement of the website in question before using the relevant website, to ensure that they handle your data properly.
Security of your data
We have implemented the necessary security measures to prevent the loss, unauthorized use or modification of information that we receive on our site. When we transfer or receive your data on our website, we always use the coding technologies that are recognized as common standard within the IT sector.
If you are 16 years of age or younger, you may only use our website under the supervision of your parents or legal representatives.
Changes to this privacy statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time. Changes will be published on our website. It is therefore advisable to consult this privacy statement regularly, so that you are aware of these changes.
Access and change your data
If you have provided us with personal data, you can change this at any time thru your account. You can log into your account at www.hofmansfoods.com/my-account/. If you are not in possession of an account and would like to see your personal details or have them removed, you can contact customer service via the following details:
Hofman’s Foods Ltd.
20-22 Wenlock Road
N1 7GU London UK
Or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
To prevent misuse, we can ask you to adequately identify yourself by sending a copy of a valid proof of identification. Do not forget to shield your BSN and your passport photo on the copy. When it comes to access to personal data linked to a cookie, you need to send a copy of the cookie in question. You can find it in the settings of your browser.
Authority Personal Data
Of course, we are happy to help you if you have complaints about the processing of your personal data. Should you nevertheless not come to a satisfying conclusion with us, you also have the right under the privacy legislation to file a complaint with the ICO.
If you have questions about your privacy and / or this privacy statement, you can ask us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org